Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Monday, July 10, 2006
We are the Champions...Or not
I like to consider myself a Pop Culture guru. Me and my sister took the Entertainment Weekly Pop Culture Quiz and did pretty good. There is now a VH1 World Series of Pop Culture Competiton where the winning prize is $250,000. Just for answering a few questions about The Simpons, The Princess Bride and who was the first Rap artist to have a number one album? I say count me in!

I'd like to compete, but I know I'll never make it to the show, but I love Pop culture nonetheless and think I'd be able to make it fairly far in the game. I have two Pop Culture quizzes if you'd like to try your own hand at pop culture knowledge:

pop culture quiz 1
pop culture quiz 2

If you take one let me know how you did. But even if you don't, do you consider yourself pop culture-ly talented? Hmmm,Do you know who stole Kimberly's baby on Melrose Place?

1.What's the name of the beer Homer can't do without?
2.Run DMC sang about which brand of shoe?
3.What did Buffy's headstone read?
4.What movie had this tagline "His whole life was a million to one shot" ?
5.In Romy and Michele's High School Reunion, what do the girls (Mira Sorvino, Lisa Kudrow) claim to have invented at their high school reunion?
6.What is the name of Tom Skerritt and Sigourney Weaver's deep-space mining ship in 1979's Alien?
7.How many Nightmare on Elm Street movies are there?
8.What is the name of the fictional television pilot that Mia Wallace (Uma Thurman) has filmed in Pulp Fiction?
9.In Minority Report, the genetically altered humans who can foresee crimes are called?
10.Listening to Chicago's ''Cell Block Tango,'' what are the six keywords repeatedly sung by the merry murderesses?
11.In Dirty Dancing, what is Baby's real name?
12.What were the three simple rules for taking care of a Mogwai in 1984's Gremlins?
13.This quote is from what movie "Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly?"
14.In Gladiator, what is Russell Crowe's character's full name?
15.In Fatal Attraction what does Glenn Close boil in a pot on Michael Douglass' stove?
16.In the movie Heathers, what was the name of the one Heather not named Heather?
17.Name all the member of the rock band Duran Duran.

Of course I'm not asking, but anyone that answers all of these correctly I'll do a Blog Feature of your blog. (I'll post the answers in my next post)
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 4:25 PM  
11 commentst:
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    I did the first quiz and got-You answered correctly 6 out of 10 questions. This is equivalent to 60 %.
    Your grade is C.

    I am not attempting the one you got posted. LOL You have me racking my brain on several of them. :)

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger Catch said…

    the only one I can answer is what Glenn Close boiled in the pot.....the pool little girls ( Ellens) bunny rabbit! I dont even remember Babys real name is Dirty Dancing and its one of my fav movies...lol

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    BG--You did better than me, I forgot to mention I got an F. I'll have to say that in my next post.

    Mr. Fab--Way to go

    Mimi--YOU TOTALLY ROCK! you did good, I think I'm gonna have to give you props! ;)

    Catch--I know, I forget that kinda stuff too. It's even worse when I've seen the movie a trillion times.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I only managed to get 4 of these :(

    Ummmmm never heard of "Romy and Michele's High School Reunion". Never heard of "Heathers" either. Doh!

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Quiz 1 I got 2 correct
    Quiz 2 I got 5 correct :)

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger EnnuiHerself said…

    Quiz 1: 40% correct (F)
    Quiz 2: 6/14 correct.

    I'm particularly proud of my low scores.

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Phats said…

    OOO!! I love this shit!

    1. DUFF! DUh I love the simpsons
    2 Adidas
    3. CRAP! I never watched buffy! Sarah Michelle is hot though
    4. CRAP! i don't know
    5. Post its haha still funny
    6. Nostromo? Great flick
    7. too many? is that right haha :) I would guess 10. is this counting Jason vs Freddy?
    8. Fox Force 5
    9. Precogs
    10. I have no idea
    11. FRANCIS HOUSEMAN!! Nobody puts baby in a corner!
    12. Don't get them wet, Don't feed them after midnight and what is the other?? Avoid sunlight? is that right?
    13. Hmm No clue, is it the Fly? haha
    14. Maximus? Not sure on that it was a guess
    15. a rabbit, what a creepy movie
    16. Shannen Doherty? haha No I know it's Rider's character, Veronica I just watched this movie the other day
    17. Oh geesh can't do it! :( Sorry

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Lori's Minute said…

    The only one I got was what was Glenn Close boiling in the pot....how pathetic is that?????

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Phats said…

    I am going to link ya, if you have an objection you must speak now or forever hold your peace

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    It seems that everyone has seen Fatal Attraction. LOL.

    Phats: now, how could I object? I already have you linked, now it's easier for me to check your blog regularly. You did great on the quiz. I got a few laughs 'Nobody puts Baby in a corner' hahahaha! Even people who never saw that movie knows that line.

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    hi. i suck at this. boy, i'm worst than bad. i don't remember names or titles...

    remember not to ask me to be in your team for this..lol...

    hope you have been well. take care.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1