Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Friday, June 23, 2006
Just chillin'
I spent the day not doing much. Next week I have plenty to do. I finish up my health screening for my hospital volunteering, and go back to the dentist. OH JOY!

It cooled off here after having a couple of days of refreshingly cool 89 degrees. I have to thank my blog good friends for encouragement. I'm going to have to give all of your guys a present. Um, I don't have time today. I have major cramps and just don't feel like. Sorry.

But in honor of Beady who often posts some of her favorite comments, I'm going to do that as several gave me a big happy. A big happy I needed. The top three:


3. "Hhmmm...have you tried blowing bubbles? Stickers? Ice cream? What? You say that, unlike me, you're a grown-up? Okay then...I got nuthin'. ;D" posted by High Desert Diva

2. "Sorry you haven't found a job yet. You will , of course, then you can laugh at all this. Why not get a head start and laugh now. Be depressed when you have to go every day to work." Posted by Dr. John

And my number one quote of the week....


1. "Don't try to be all things to all people. Pick one, either the drinking OR the drugging. Don't spread yourself too thin." Posted by Mr. Fab


Thanks for the jokes, shits and giggles guys. They helped.


Now, back to Smallville.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 3:50 PM  
6 commentst:
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger Catch said…

    well you got lots of advice there to pick from...lol...good luck whatever you do and have a good weekend!

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Stephalupogus said…

    Good luck with the job hunting. It sucks BIG TIME! I know that you have been doing all the normal things, and you have been 1 of those helping me cope since I moved back home with my mother & sister plus. But have you thought about trying something totally different? That is how I finally got hired.
    All of my back ground is in management of 1 type or another, so I figured, what the hell. I have to get out of this house before we kill 1 another and applied at a gardening nursery. I was hired immediately. It is nothing great, grand & glorious, but at least getting out of bed is no longer a depressing ordeal. Plus, the added benefit is the pay check so that I no longer have to ask my mother for money. That was humiliating.
    As for debt consolidation, go through your bank. The interest rates might not be the best, but it looks better on your rating and banks tend to be willing to to go an extra bit to help out.
    Or, try bankruptcy. Your credit will be shot, but if you are in as deeply as I was, then it will actually help pull you back up faster.
    Hope that made sense.

     
  • At 5:44 AM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    i love the 3 chosen comments...you are right, they sure make us smile alot..great choices.

    i hope you get some rest in this wknd. with the heat and a busy week to follow you best play it slow.

    have yourself a wonderful wknd.

     
  • At 6:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Have a happy weekend and don't let the dentist anywhere near your teeth. You know what dentists are like, he'll only pull your teeth out ;)

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    Catch--Thanks

    Steph--Thanks! I am going to go through my bank. I'm just so in over my head.

    HDD--Don't worry, they're all good things. heh. You made me laugh, that's the bottom line. *hug*

    Gareth-- Yeah, those dentist. All about the teeth. What's up with that?

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Thank you GG!! That makes me smile. I turned off the computer Friday afternoon and did not turn it back on till this morning. It was worth it seeing you honor me with putting up your favorite comments that helped you last week. :)
    Come visit me I got the pool already for lots of swimming and fun!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1