Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Thursday, June 29, 2006
LIGHTS...OUUUUUT!
Our lights went out last night. It was so unexpected. Me and my sister were hangin' watching TV and we didn't even know it was raining. We were watching Blade on Spike TV and it started to freeze, the universal signal on a Satallite Dish that says the weather is bad. Finally, when we were informed that it was "Searching for Satallite Signal we decided to look out of the window and saw it was raining pretty hard.

With nothing to do we just started wandering around the house, lol, wondering when it would stop raining. I went out on the back porch to decide if I should pull down the window or leave it up for the cats, and there was a super WHITE FLASH of light like the Mother Spaceship or something, startled the hell out of me. Right after that it was pitch dark. I thought, I didn't even get a chance to turn off the TV, but the storm did it for me. Everything was out on the whole block, actually a couple of blocks. That happened one other time before.

It was pretty cool/creepy with it so dark inside and outside. Even worse? I don't have any candles, but we did have flashlights. I was just happy it happened fairly late enough for me to go to bed. It happened at about 9:45pm. I didn't go right to bed, I read by flashlight until I got tired of that, then I went to bed around 11:00pm.

They came back on at 5am, then we had another surge a few hours later. I took my chances and decided to get on the computer. I was happy I wasn't on the computer then. I don't like power surges/electrical outages when I'm on the computer. I have much precious stuff I don't want to get fried. I still haven't learned my lesson to back up.

That's all for today, my mouth is hurting. The pain wakes me up. Ugh. And my painkillers aren't working very well. I've been watching The 4400 from Netflix. I like it so far. Back to the TV.

I'll be by your blogs soon, my mouth is bugging the hell out of me!

Ciao!
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 2:45 PM  
3 commentst:
  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger Catch said…

    Im sorry your mouth is still hurting....hopefully it will be starting to heal up very very soon. I hate when the lights go out. I wouldnt mind it if I was with some very handsome sexy guy, but thats never the case! lol

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    That is creepy creepy when the lights are out like that everywhere. You hear every lil noise, you think you see things and you expect to find someone standing there with a big butcher knife ready to stab you.
    Ya maybe I need to lay off the movies. LOL :)

    Hope your mouth is all better real soon for you GG!

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger kattbanjo said…

    is blade any good? I cant imagina another vampire show after buffy

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1