Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Monday, June 26, 2006
Write On
I'm trying to get back into my novel. I really wish I were closer to submitting, but I'm nowhere near that stage. I get random thoughts and plots in my head and I write them down and try and use them. The problme is that I'll suddenly get in the mood to write and I'll just jump right into it, not really having a full plot or characterization and that is a MAJOR problem because then I get stuck, stop and either end up scrapping the whole thing or starting over. Stupid right? Yeah, I thought so too.

And as sad as it sounds, it's been hard for me to get a damn original thought in my genre, which might not even have its own genre. It's sort of detective horror/fantasy. I don't even know where that fits. But not having orginal thoughts worked well for J.J. Abrams The wunderkind who struck gold with ideas that you've seen everywhere and anywhere before. Why can't that be me? heh.

I have all my characters, and names, I don't think I'll be changing them again. I have a general story, a villian (but I really rather not have another 'destroy the world' villian agenda). I have love interests, sexual tension, sex, violence, bad language and a young, tough protaganist. Sound like something you might wanna read? I hope so.

On to Chapter one...
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 3:02 PM  
4 commentst:
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Is it too late to suggest writing in a leprechaun character. It could loosely be based on me for example. Yes the heroic leprechaun who saves the Chicagoan princess from the evil Dr Buff ;)

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    ooooooh sounds just like something I would read. Put me down for an autographed copy when finished. :)

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    i wish you the best of luck with your writting. it's going to work out you will see.

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger L said…

    It sounds very interesting.
    And yes it would be something I would want to read.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1