Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Blog on
First, I watch The View and aside from being not-so-stunned that Star Jones is leaving (all because of that loud mouth Rosie O'Donnell, but I digress) Joy Behar had a quick (supposedly funny) comment about blogging. I'm paraphrasing, but they were talking about close friends and do they have more or less close friends now and she said it's sad if your close friend is a blog.

Now, I can't knock blogs/blogging obviously, and I do not think that your one and only or all of your friends should be bloggers. I think you should have at least one good friend you can talk too. But at the same time I believe that you can get to know some really wondeful, nice, intelligent and gentle people through blogging, whether you ever even talk to them live or not.

You may blog for years and stop blogging but remember Phoenix or CatRox for a very long time. Even better if they give you their real name. All I'm saying is that some people over the internet don't just want to email you pictures of their penises, and just because you don't really know that much about them other than what they disclose doesn't mean the relationship was phony.

The other misconception is that bloggers are hapless losers who can't form relationships, are geeky and no woman/man will touch them--and that they're mostly very young. Well, I think we burned that misconception to the ground. Heh.

That's pretty much my rant today. I went to the dentist and it was worse, which is probably why I feel grumpy. I have black sutures in my mouth. NOT PRETTY! They feel funny sometimes. Pain pills are my best friend.

Also, my cat Celeste caught this huge black fly that was loose in the house. She tried to eat it! ugh, I could hear the crunching. Believe me, you don't want any flying insects to get into the house. She'll break the house apart, it'll be like a Tom and Jerry cartoon. The house will be in shambles or burned down when she got through. Glad that fly is dead.

Still reading? Thanks, and sorry for the long post.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 11:05 PM  
7 commentst:
  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    pls don't apologize for a long post. i enjoyed it very much as i agree with you 100%...i'm not weird or sad and neither are you or anyone else that i have met...ignorance spoke through her lips and that makes her seem like the silly one.

    i'm sorry about your stitches. it sounds painful. i know about pain killers being so helpful in these times so i'm glad you have some relief.

    i love tom and jerry. one of my favs...i can't though stomach the crunching sound, yuck...poor you...take care honey and i hope you don't suffer much longer.

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Catch said…

    What is the difference if you chose to blog or watch tv? I mean...its something you enjoy. I have all kinds of friends in my real life and have made quite a few blogging friends and I enjoy corresponding with them. I dont care what people think anyway...Ill do what I want. And did they ever think of the person who may be sick or may be impaired in some way that they cant get out???? Think of how much joy this would add to their life. Some people just like to hear theirselves talk. I would love to see your cat after that fly! I hope your mouth is feeling better real soon!!! You take care Sweety!

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    OOOHH I hope your mouth is much better real soon that is painfull!!

    Luved the post GG!!
    I have met several people thru blogging I consider friends. Some have quit and I miss them dearly(Under)!!
    I need to get out more cause I wish I had just one friend here I could call up and go do something with.

    Luv your avatar today! :)

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger L said…

    All my friends are bloggers LOL.

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Phats said…

    Hello
    you got the ralph wiggum quote right so you're my new best friend :)

    I don't tell anyone my real name, I go by Phats, maybe I am paranoid who knows. I think myspace is more geared towards youngin's and pervs :)

    Rosie O'donnell rocks!

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I think that blogging is an extended family kind of thing. There are loads of similarities between blogging and talking to friends in the 'real' world. You communicate with both, you learn about each other and you help each other through any bad times to name just a few things :)
    Someone said that life is what you make of it, well blogging is what you make of it too :p

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger Bat said…

    Hey Gunn - sorry its been awhile

    I like Blogger better than myspace, however I have a lot of friends that are on myspace and none of them are youngins or pervs.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1