Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
A dabble of everything
First, I want to thank all my blogger commenters who were pissed in my defense about the Dentist. You guys are great. I went in today and told the Receptionist that he should have kept it at $250 since that's what we worked out before hand. She said 'you know what? We're just gonna do that. I'm only going to charge you $250, I'll deal with him later."

Wasn't that sweet? I wanted to hug her, she was so nice! I feel like giving her something but I think that would be too much. LOL. So, after the procedure he went ahead and told her to just make it $250. She laughed and told me, 'Well, we'd already worked that out didn't we?" LOL, she was really nice. I really did appreciate her doing that. Dental work is so expensive! I know it's a lot of work, but I'm sorry, I just can't swing over $1800 for dental work. Even if I do need it.

I also read in the paper today about a woman getting sexually assulted at our Cook County jail after visiting a prisoner--by a security guard! He claimed she said it was okay. She waited a day to report it. Doesn't that look bad? Won't it seem suspicious that she waited a day? Why not scream bloody murder at the jail? I don't know.

I'm also going to consolidate my school loans. I don't really know who to go with to do that, but I think that would be the best thing to do instead of trying to pay all that interest. I'd like to consolidate all my credit cards and loans too. It would be nice to just keep track of one payment. Has anyone ever done this? As far as I know the interested should be lowered greatly. I have to get ahold of my Aunt and ask her where she went and what she did. She put all her bills together and told my mom she was paying $500 a month.

Depends on the type of job I get if I'd be able to swing that. I could pay that a month my bills would be gone in a year. Ahhh, wishful thinking.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 4:04 PM  
14 commentst:
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Nell said…

    Try a non profit credit consolidation group - Consumer Credit Counseling is the most reputable that I've heard of.
    I dont have dental insurance either and need a lot of work done. Thanks goodness I've gone to my same dentist for 20 years and they are REALLY good about letting me pay what I can when I can.
    Danelle
    http://purplestar.typepad.com

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger EnnuiHerself said…

    Glad to hear that the dentist situation resolved itself in your favor.

    I just wanted to add a word about loan consolidation. You probably have a grace period on your loans (9 months, I think). I believe that when you consolidate students loans, you immediately go into repayment. But you want to consolidate during the grace period because it reduces the interest rate. Therefore, if I understand correctly, it's best to consolidate at the end of your grace period.

    As I said in a previous comment though, take what I say with grain of salt and definitely check my facts.

    ~EH

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    Mr. Fab--Thanks!

    Nell--I will look into that. I hear ya about the Dentist. I feel better knowing I'm not the only one in this situation.

    EH--I am in my grace period now, about half a month in. I will look into that. Thanks.

     
  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger Janets Planet said…

    Have sometimes gone to those 0% for a year convenience checks from the cc companies. Have to be disciplined to make that work. I generally divide the balance byt 10 or 11 so I am not stuck when the year is up. One method is to pay off the bill with the lowest balance first.

    Good luck on getting the bills under control.

    And thanks Dr. John for the points.

     
  • At 6:40 AM, Blogger Catch said…

    Hi!

    Im here from Doctor Johns blog, although I have been here before...lol. I am so glad they did not charge you more at the dentist than was originally quoted!

    Good luck on your bills. Im not sure about any of that stuff so cant give any advice. I use a debit card and it comes right out of my checking account.

     
  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger jafabrit said…

    hello, visiting from dr.John's.
    Glad the dentist decided to stick with the price quoted or agreed upon.
    As for the story of the woman being raped by a security guard. I can understand why she didn't scream murder AT the jail. Having been raped I can tell you apart from being terrified, there is the trauma and disbelief. It can take a few hours or a day to process what happened and then come forward. When it is a figure of authority who has done this there is also the fear of retribution or not being believed.
    sorry, didn't mean to blab on.
    nice to meet you.

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger Lori's Minute said…

    Ok, I'm here from Dr. John and I always do what he says beccause he is the greandfather of my chilren and is so good at it I do not want to mess it up.

    Let's see, the only advice I can give you is to be careful when consolidating loans. Oprah did a show on this so you may be able to go to her page and find out what agencies to use.

    My four year old son jsut have about $6000 worth of dental work...we had to pay a little over $2000. I'm glad you got your situation squared away for now at least. BYE!

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Glad the dentist went well. I don't have dental insurance and really need work done. :(

    don't know a thing about bill consolidating. I can't help ya out any GG. I am sure you will be checking everything out. You are a very smart woman.

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    Hello there. Dr. John has sent me as well.
    Consolidating debt is something i have done a couple of times. It was pretty easy for me here in Alberta. I went to my bank and told them what i wanted to do and that was it. They took care of the rest. It is much cheaper since it's a lower interest rate than credit cards and some loans. Easy as it's one payment to keep track of. I would suggest you got to a bank, preferably yours.

    I'm very glad to hear that the dentist didn't try to get that 1800 $ ..wow, that is a fortune. Honesty is honesty and i'm glad that you only had to pay for what was agreed upon...

    Buffy is the love/addiction/distraction of one of my bf lifetime friends..we tease him enough over it. Poor guy but he loves her...to distraction...

    Have yourself a great day and good luck with the considelation business.

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    That happened to me once. They wanted to charge me over $350 for fillings when they quote me $110 for them. They ate the difference.

    Stupid, stupid, stupid, eh?

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger EnnuiHerself said…

    Who's Dr. John and how can I be part of his posse?

    EH

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger plinna said…

    I also came from Dr. Johns. Lori's minute is my wife. She is the one who got our debt under control. First we cut up all cards except one. Then we paid off the higher interest cards first then take the payments you paid on that card on the next highest interest and eventually you get them all.

    I don’t trust most dentists I believe they take a class from the mob before dental school.


    Good Luck.

     
  • At 4:57 AM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    I enjoyed sharing my visitors with you today. I hope you enjoyerd their visit.

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Are you ok GG? :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1