Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Friday, June 16, 2006
Dinner and a Movie

I went to the movies yesterday and FINALLY saw X-Men: The Last Stand. Not as good as the first two, especially the original, but definetly entertaining. Fanboys will rampage by some of the events that happened in the film, but other semi-fans and non-fans should enjoy themselves. I went to an AMC 21 theater. Ahhh, 21 shows. Yum. Me and my sister were strolling around the halls, yep, it's that big and we found Mission Impossible: III so, we went on in.

Don't scold me about sneaking into a movie, we've all done it before--or wanted too. Hell, we paid $15 (matinee!) to get in and damn near $30 for food. We deserve to see an extra movie. I kinda liked MI:III. Didn't care for the love interest though, but there were some good action scenes and of course Tom looked good.

After the movie we went to Brazzazz: A Brazillian Steakhouse For those unfamilar, you pay a set price and servers keep coming by your table to serve you meat, chicken, shrimp, filet mignon, etc. You get a chip on your table, one side says 'No, Thank you' the other side says 'Yes, Thank you' and if it's on No, they won't come by, but if Yes, they will stop and carve off meat for you. It was good, basically all you can eat. We ate all we could eat too. We went for dinner prices $40 per person. I would suggest the lunch special of $19.99.

And in the last news, on the way home on the train we saw this 'older' lady tweaking.I thought she was in her twenties, but she looked more like in her late thirties, early forties. Uh, or maybe she was in her twenties. Anyway, yeah, she was high. She had that 'drug nod' and if you've seen it you know what I mean. It's not an I'm-falling-asleep sort of nod, she was leaned over on the seat forward, hanging her head almost to the floor. You can tell it when you see it.

The guy with her wasn't as high as she was, he kept nodding off but he was concious enough to know which stop they were supposed to make. She was out of it, and had on a very short dress. Hope she got where she was going.

P.S. I want to thank Dr. John for sending so many wonderful people my way for a visit. Thank! I loved the visits and comments. I'll leave out cookies next time. Also, I've been having trouble with blogger, so I haven't been by to comment. *grrr* So, I'll see you guys soon.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 1:26 PM  
5 commentst:
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Lori's Minute said…

    Man, HOH (Hunk of Husband) would love the restaurant you were talking about. Me too since I love steak. I am so naive when it comes to people on something since I have never even tried smoking. I once embarassed my friend at my first concert (age 25,,,I need to get out more) and kept asking what theat smell was and she finally told me to shut up because it was pot!

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger L said…

    I have been wanting to see X-3, the restaurant sounds good.
    Have a good weekend.

     
  • At 6:17 AM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    hello. back again and this time on my own,lol...Dr. John has been so good to us too, to have introduce us to some superb blogs...like yours.

    thank you for your comment.

    i don't think i have ever been to that sort of restaurant but i sure would love to give it a try...the movie thing, with there prices i'm glad you got a 2 for 1 deal. we can't do that here..the way it's all set up, they all start and end in such a way that you can't just walk in to another one. also, the way the exits are etc....glad you went out with your sis, it's nice to go on dates with the family. enjoy your Father's Day wknd and wish the best to any around...

     
  • At 12:58 AM, Blogger Catch said…

    I have never heard of that steakhouse but Im sure I would love it!!!! Sounds like a very nice day for you and your sister.

    When you said "tweaking" I wondered what you were talking about...lol....

    enjoy your weekend!

     
  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Thats it I am coming to Chicago and you can take us to the restaurant I will buy!!! :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1