Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Saturday, March 11, 2006
Wishin' and Hopin'
It was a bee-u-t-ful 50 degrees here. Okay, you could have worn a hat if you wanted and you still needed your jacket zipped up, but it was better than it was. The sun was out!

I've been playing Resident Evil some more and my thumbs hurt now. LOL. I still love that game though. I went out with some friends since my spring break is coming to an end. Sniff. I need another spring break in April. Ah well, at least I'll be graduating.



In other news, I'm seriously considering going to the Winter Olympics in 2010. Yes, I'm obsessed, you didn't know? Actually, I enjoyed the Olympics waaaaay before my boyfriend Apolo came on the scene. I doubt he'll be competing again in 4 years, but I'd still like to go to the Olympics nonetheless. But to see him skate in person, that would be so awesome. I wouldn't be able to stand it. Short Track is so exciting! God, I love him. *swoon*


I'm actually trying to find out just how much tickets and events would be. I just want a range. On Olympic sites I've been seeing pricing and ticketing info won't be available until late 2008. It's in Vancouver and I'm in Chicago, it wouldn't be major travelling for me to get there, not like this year in Italy. Italy! Sigh.

While I want to go, I know Apolo competing would make it sooo sweet. If I find out he's not competing it will probably dampen my spirits and I probably wouldn't end up going, but I'd have to see. I think it would be cool either way. I wish there was another up and coming Apolo for the mens Short Track U.S. team. Without Apolo the U.S. won't make it on the map in Short Track. He's it. We need another great Short Track skater to take his place. I don't see one in the distance though.

Hey, stop your laughing and pointing! I can't help it okay? I'll be the one you see with a sign chanting USA! USA! heh. I'm in the minority because this year everyone seemed to be watching Dancing with the Stars. Oh well.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 1:51 PM  
4 commentst:
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    You should go!!!!!! To see your boyfriend skating live instead of tv.

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    HDD---I agree with the karoke music. I think that makes the show even worse than it is. Oh, and that would be a once in a lifetime opportunity wouldn't it? I wish I could have gone to Salt Lake. Anytime it's in the U.S. I think I feel like I have a chance. lol

    BG--Yes, isn't my boyfriend cute? LOL I do want to go, regardless of if he's skating. Short Track is my favorite Winter event and it's nice to have someone to root for. Even if it's not Apolo there's never another American in the bunch at all. The sport is exciting, but only if you're screaming your head off for your guy or girl to win.

     
  • At 5:08 AM, Blogger Bat said…

    I like your new look :-)

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger daven said…

    Oh yeah!! I will be looking for them Olympic tickets too. I am not as big a fan as when I was kid but I have always wanted to go.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1