Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Monday, February 20, 2006
Non-news and more Apolo love
Today was a pretty uneventful day. I went to a Chinese Buffett, but I actually got some studying in before hand, did an assignment and wrote a small paper. (go me!) Also, I'm thinking about changing my blog. I'm tired of the way it looks. I'd like a custom made template but don't have the money to waste on that right now. I'm thinking of changing it, I'll see if I have time. It will definetly have some sort of Buffy pictures/theme going on if/when I do.


In Olympic News, My sweetie Apolo Anton Ohno managed to capture a Bronze medal in the Mens 1000m Saturday night. Congratulations! He just couldn't get around those fucking S. Koreans! He was even edged out of a Silver at the last possible second. Anyway, I'm happy he medaled, as I'm sure he is. I believe Apolo is just happy to be at the Olympics competing, but when things go downhill, like when he didn't make the 1500m race, it throws him off, makes him nervous, rattles his mind. I think he was so shocked and devastated it took him a while to center himself again. I'm sure that was a rough day or two after not qualifying.



I'm sure it's hard for him to enjoy himself when he didn't get to do all he set out to do in Italy. Hard to shut out the 'what ifs' (what if he'd competed in the 1500m, would he have won?) I love you anyway, Apolo! I'd love to see him race in person. I'd like to meet him. He seems so cool, laid back and funny. I fell in love with him in 2002. (can you tell? LOL) I have come to really love the sport of Short Track.

I also watched a few hours of Ice Dancing. Three falls! Amazing, and the Canadian pair suffered a horrible fall, where the woman fell on her hip and knee. She couldn't walk off the ice and ended up being taken to the hospital. I hope nothing is broken. They are supposed to be competing tommorow.


P.S. For some reason, for the record I want to add that I always set the correct time and date stamp on my blog posts. Non-issue, I know. But the geek in me does it and wonders how many other people do it too.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 2:05 AM  
2 commentst:
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    yumm Chinese buffet!!

    I watched the ice skate dancing last night. I sure hope she is alright. They look so beautiful on the ice. I don't see how they do it.

    double yummie pic of Apollo!!

     
  • At 3:32 AM, Blogger L said…

    Look at how cute he is you two will make the perfect couple. ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1