Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Mall Chick
I haven't been to the mall in...years I have to say. Me and my sister decided to stop in since we were near there. It was actually nice to walk around and look at the mall culture, which has changed. I guess I sorta missed it. We spent plenty of time there in the past, sometimes staying until it closed.

We found out that one of our favorite stores is closing. It's called Suncoast and was really a store for the collectable person, (though they had more DVD's than anything. And plenty of Anime DVD's too. Score!) which are us all the way.

I know I collect figures from Lord of the Rings, to Star Wars to Family Guy to, of course, Buffy and Angel. They always had something cool or different and it was nice to be able to go somewhere physically to hunt for stuff instead of tooling around the internet for everything. Where most prices are sky high because the internet is the only place you find the kind of stuff we like. It was pretty depressing to find out about the store closure.

At any rate, I did buy some Buffy stuff and some X-Files stuff. The only other store in the mall that has collectable stuff is Kay B Toys, so since that's still there I can be fairly happy.

I had a good laugh when we went down to the basement to go to the restroom. We took the elevator back up and I jumped in the elevator and pushed the button to close the door. When it closed I went 'ha, we got the elevator all to ourselves." Heh, heh. You know, being silly. Then I pushed the button again since we weren't moving and the doors opened back up.

My sister goes:

"We're already on the Ground floor, you have to push the button for the Lower Lobby." D'oh! LOL. She laughed at me.

I said, "I'm glad the enemy wasn't after us" (since I would have opened the doors right back up for them to get us.) LOL

My sis goes "yeah, you would have been like 'That's right, you can't get us!' Then the doors would have opened again. How embarrasing. :D


Also, I did a Word Cloud that I found interesting that Undr did so blame him. :)
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 5:51 PM  
2 commentst:
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    Shannon-- Your brother collects Buffy? He's #1 in my book then. lol KB marks down a lot of their figures really low, that's why I like it. I find great Tod McFarlane stuff there for $4. Sweet!

     
  • At 5:14 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Very cool word cloud GG!! Apolo really sticks out :)

    I would of done the same thing on the elevator. The enemies would of blowed my ass away for sure. haahaaa!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1