Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Monday, March 06, 2006
Being a pimp just got easier

Well, I must say I enjoyed the Oscars. I watched pretty much from start to finish, and it went down smooth, with maybe a couple of chunky swallows along the way.

I think it's great that we've FINALLY come to the point where rappers can not only perform at the Oscars, but win. Congrats to 3-6 Mafia for their win with the song "It's hard out here for a Pimp." LOL, that was great.

Moving on, here's my opinions for the night:


Best Things:

The "Political slander" campaign spoofs. Those were hilarius! genuinely funny and lightened the mood.
Jon Stewart
Plenty of short Oscar speeches, with the exception of Reese Witherspoon, but she gets cut slake since she won Best Actress (plus, I'm a big fan)
The musical numbers; they were all entertaining and went quickly
Montages; I love montages and felt they were a perfect way to sum up what the Academy Awards is about: the celebration of cinema. Great clips, emotional moments, made you love movies all over again.
Isack Pearlman playing his violin over the movie clips.
Will Ferrel and Steve Carell
3-6 Mafia winning and being really excited, happy and shocked.


Worst Things:

Sorry, didn't find Ben Stiller all that funny
The 'background' music played over the acceptance speeches. A bit distracting, it was like the band didn't want them to talk at all.
The band cutting off acceptance speeches, and Best Picture no less! Tacky and rude!


Overall I found the show to work. Brokeback Mountain didn't win, but that's okay. I didn't expect it too, but other than that and 'It's hard out here for a Pimp' I didn't see any other surprises.

I knew Phillip Seymore Hoffman would win for Capote, mainly because it was rumored forever, but because he's so great. All the time he's great. So is Reese.



People I want to see win an Oscar:


Matt Dillon (he's been a wonderful actor for many years, I've loved him ever since The Outsiders.)
Terrence Howard/ Hustle and Flow
Heath Ledger/Brokeback Mountain
Jake Gyllenhaal/Brokeback Mountain

I hope to see them back in the nominee seat soon.


Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 11:36 PM  
3 commentst:
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    GG help me out what else has Phillip Seymore Hoffman played in? I know I have seen him in something just cant remember what.

    I hated they cut off the speaches. I was very happy when Resse won!

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    BG--Oh, he's been in a lot of movies. Some of the top ones are The Talented Mr. Ripley, Boogie Nights, Owning Mahowny, 25th hour and of course, Capote.

    I suggest The Talented Mr. Ripley, Owning Mahowny, Boogie Nights and Capote.

     
  • At 4:39 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Thanks GG Huggiez!!! I have seen The Talented Mr. Ripley and Boogie Nights. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1