Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Saturday, December 24, 2005
Six degress of blogging

What I've noticed while blogging is that I keep coming across the same bloggers over and over. Which is nice, don't get me wrong, but it was interesting as well. I comment a lot on people's blogs, and even if I don't comment I usually read the comments and I noticed I was seeing the same names and/or names and profile pics.


For example, I'd go to Kristy's blog and I'd see ramblin girl's comment, and then maybe I'd go to her blog and I'd see terri's comments and beadinggalinms comments or HDD. Or I'd go to Undr's blog and see Chrish or Mean Girl (who has Faith from Buffy the Vampire Slayer as her profile pic so she gets extra props), and so on and so on and for some strange reason it's a nice familiar feeling, like we're all real good friends who stop by and vist often. Coming in for coffee and cake and tea or something.

It's actually nice to keep running into the same people because then you can keep up with their stories and trials and whatever else they have going on. But it was still interesting that I would go to the same, say, five or six blogs and run into the same group of fifteen people or so, like we're all traveling in the same circle of blogs. Hee hee.


I don't know about anyone else, but that's really how I find other blogs, through comments. If someone has a comment I like or find funny, I'll visit their blog and probably keep going back, especially if I keep seeing their name a lot. But it's nice because now I have a few more people I can add to my blog links. Those are people I visit all the time, so I link them. Other people I bookmark, but the people in my links are the places I go most often. I like your blogs to be convienient.


Also, if I don't hear from you guys until after Christmas...

Have a Holly Jolly Holiday
and a Very Merry Christmas!
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 11:49 AM  
3 commentst:
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    It is like one big blog circle family. Merry Christmas!!!

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    And since I have to link everything to buffy it's like the Scooby gang, and when someone comes along and they help figh demons then they become a scooby member and the group grows (or gets smaller) but it's always open to members.

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger paula said…

    Another resolution; TO UPDATE MY BLOGGY LINKS!!

    I agree, our little community is really comforting~ and I've been so bad about being quiet on the blogs I really enjoy.

    We BtVS fans really have to stick together!!!

    xoxox
    Happy Holidays

    mg

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1