Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Saturday, November 26, 2005
Where have all the good cartoons gone?


My grandma watches cartoons sometimes (usually "Arthur", which is an exception) She's old and cartoons are something her mind can process easily, so sometimes I watch them with her on Saturday morning and one day I was with my ma and I told mom, "God, the cartoons on Saturday morning nowadays really suck."

I'm an 80's kid and I remember waking up at 7am to watch cartoons and they were actually good. The kids today have no idea what crappy crap they're getting fed these days. There is hardly anything to watch, the graphics suck, they're boring and the selection...wait, what selection!? I would watch cartoons, including the wonderful, educational and always entertaining, Saturday Morning Specials, until 11am or 12:30 in the afternoon.

Not to mention there was so many choices on so many channels I'd miss stuff sometimes. I had a little schedule, I'd get up (or get my ma to wake me up) fix my breakfast, usually cereal, but soon I got crafty with some omlets, and settle on the couch complete with comforter and pillow.


Four of my favorite cartoons were
Muppet Babies, Wildfire, Galaxy High and Jem.

My favorite shows (what I can remember anyway) were the following:

Muppet Babies
Dungeons and Dragons
Pee Wee's Playhouse
Wildfire
Punky Brewster (animated)
Rubick, the Amazing Cube
The Littles
Ghostbusters
Q* Bert
Dragon's Lair
Pound Puppies
The Get Along Gang
Beetlejuice
Galaxy High
Jem
Puff the Magic Dragon
Life with Louie
Poochie
The Popples
Land of the Lost
Teen Wolf
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Scooby Doo, Where Are You?
Schoolhouse Rock
Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids
Thundercats
Smurfs

A couple of Disney and Satuday Morning Specials, and any others I remember are:

The Journey of Natty Gan
Pippi Longstocking
CBS Storybreak
The Three Stooges (not a cartoon, I know)


(The title of this post is a musical take on Paula Cole's "Where Have all the Cowboys Gone")
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 12:08 PM  
2 commentst:
  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    Well, Jem was more for girls anyway. Plus, I don't think it was on on Saturday morning, I think it was an afterschool cartoon.

    Totally shocked when they brought it up on I love the 80's, I thought I was the only who remembered it.

    And I loved Animaniacs and Tiny toons too. I used to love to sing the lyrics 'cause they'd change each time. Tiny Toons and Animaniacs rocked.

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Jem, He Man and She Ra rocked!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1