Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Monday, November 14, 2005
Crazy vs. Crazy
I don't know if you watch Trading Spouses or not. I do occasionally, and a couple weeks ago I watched an episode with the D'Amico-Flisher/Perrin Family, (the mother is the one sitting on the couch on the FOX website).
Anyway, if you've seen the commercials they built up the show with her going off at the end yelling about the other family doing "dark-sided" things because they practiced Pagan rituals, and had a solstice and whatnot, and the wife is a hynotherapist. They weren't Christians like her and her family, and she considered herself a "God Warrior" whatever that means.

Well, clearly the woman is crazy, but that's besides the point -- or maybe it isn't. But basically I have an overall gripe mainly because Marguerite's (the crazy mother) friends basically bombarded Jeanne (the hynotherpist other mother) about questions on whether she went to church and what she believed and does she believe in God, and on and on, and they were rude, and I don't believe that you should meet people by going:

"Hi, my name is Jane. Nice to meet you, What's your religion? What are your beliefs?"

Then bascially disassociating yourself from them if they're not like your own. That's just me.

I figure if you MUST be with all Christians, go to an all Christian church and don't bother trying to meet new people because you can't know without asking and if you just can't bring yourself to talk to someone of another religion then you're wasting time.

Maguerite was insane about the other family not being Christian and even tried to convert the children, telling them to 'find God' and whatnot. But they couldn't make a peep about their beliefs or Moon chants or whatever else they did becasue it was 'dark-sided. What if they said Christianity was 'dark-sided'? That would be their opinon just like what she said was her opinion. It was just unfair and I didn't like it.

I don't care what people believe, as long as they don't try and make me believe it. Though, I have serious problems with religions that use animal sacrifices because I love animals and I just don't like it and while I somewhat understand it, I still think it's very inhumane. BUT, I would understand that that's what they do and because of how I feel about animals I wouldn't be able to attend a ritual because of that fact.

But I would never act like Maguerite. That's just crazy all over.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 5:21 PM  
1 commentst:
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    Go ahead and rant HDD, that's what I'm here for. LOL. I don't usually watch that show either, VERY occasionally do I watch it, but I caught that one.

    I just don't want anyone telling me, 'oh, praise Jesus, it's the only way!' And closing their mind to anything else, or really just interrogating me on my religion/beliefs.

    I don't like it when people do it to other people too. Especially the 'why?' question like it's any of their business. Ugh!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1