Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Friday, November 25, 2005
Post Turkey Post
I don't have anything to say, but I wanted to blog anyway, which is sort of lame in an odd way. I went downtown today and pretty much froze to death. Okay, it wasn't that cold, but it was cold. I didn't do the 5 am shopping spree like the radio was talking about all morning, though I did get out about 7:45 am and went to Best Buy to get The Shield DVD's, which someone else bought for me. So, Squee!

Downtown Chicago is a very fast paced place, I found myself speed walking and didn't even realize it. The cold, plus the pace of the average Chicagoan will practically have you running everywhere. Surprisenly, the traffic was like New York crazy, and it's not even December!

Speaking of NY, I'm pissed and a bit depressed that our beloved and historic Marshall Field's is now going to be named Macy's. Macy's! In Chicago! *spits* Sorry, but I'm not loving this AT ALL. Which is ironic because I barely shop there anyway, but Marshall Field's to Chicago is like the Effle Tower to Paris; the white house to Washington. Okay, maybe I'm going overboard, but you know what I mean.

To make matters worse it's trying like hell to snow. (Hello? Snow? Go home, we don't want you) Though snow is nice for Christmas, it's a pain in the ass the rest of the time. Oh well, I guess that's nothing a move to Arizona can't cure.

I'll blog you all later.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 7:46 PM  
1 commentst:
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    HDD--ROTFL. I'm with you there!

    Undr--I didn't watch Bewitched, but I know what you're talking about. I guess I'd have to use Rosanne to relate, like when they changed Becky's.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1