Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Wednesday, November 30, 2005
Shark Bait!

I've been worried, stressed and depressed about going back to school next semester and not knowing what's going to happen once I finally graduate. I've been nervous about things and my employment outlook in general. Sigh.
I wish I had an armoir like in The Chronicles of Narnia to escape into.

So, I was surfing the web and I re-discovered this website, Jump the Shark. It's so freaking hilarious. The comments people leave are too funny.

The one that had me laughing the most, and really lifted my spirits, was the page for Saved By the Bell. I used to watch this show regularly, I loved it, despite the nonsensical plots, bad acting, stupid adults, goofy stories and totally improbable situations.

Yes, I hated the PSA episodes like 'There's no hope with dope' and why did Mr. Belding always hang around with the kids and actually ask them for advice? WTF?

And remember when Jessie got addicted to caffeine pills? "I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so...scared!" Classic!

Anyway, I laughed my ass off, mainly because people kept talking about how much the show sucked, yet, they suspiciously knew every plot, even dialogue. Explain please? I am not embarrased to admit I watched, I even laughed a lot of the time. I even watched half of the The College Years. That was bad, really bad.

But saved by the bell was a no brainer, it was stupid and I can't say it spoke much on the lives or complex problems of teenagers. Degrassi Junior High did that much better.

I suppose you could analyze this show, look underneath the skin of Zack Morris to see why, with two parents who still live together and love each, acted as if he never got any attention, used Screech as his whipping boy and spent 95% of his time scheming, lying and cutting classes.

But, why would you want too?
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 8:36 PM  
3 commentst:
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger EnnuiHerself said…

    Anyone of our age group who says they didn't Saved By the Bell is a liar! That show sucked so much that it was awesome!

    EH

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    EH--I totally agree! It's like the suckiness of it made it great. It didn't try to be anything other than what it was, a cornball teen comedy. Peter Engell hit gold with crap.

    And put Mark-Paul Gosselier on the map.

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger exMI said…

    I would turn it on periodicly. It was always humorous.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1