Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Thursday, September 22, 2005
Yes, what WOULD Buffy do?

As you all know, my impulsive decision and pretty much lack of sense has landed me in the unemployment line again, so you know I'm not feeling very good anymore. Hard to keep my spirits up in the job search, but I'm trying very hard too, but am enjoying the comfort I receive from fellow bloggers. I took to reading, and am currently reading "What Would Buffy Do?" No, you shouldn't be surprised it has something to do with Buffy. But a spiritual guide to Buffy? Talk about hitting the jackpot, dontcha think? Well, I do.

The book is written by a religious book review editor, and she disects the series and points out the "spiritural core" of the series, such as forgiveness, compassion, love, self-sacrifice and redemption. Not to mention the ambiguity of God and Evil (Vampires, demons, inner demons, supernatural)

It's a very interesting, enlightening and touching read. Definetly shows that the show had a lot more spiritural overtones than people may now. This books offers a supurb analysis of the show and its stories/themes/metaphors. A very good read, but it's probably best appreciated by a Buffy fan; however, even the casual viewer will most likely enjoy this.

So, along with praying every day for a job, I looked to Buffy as a spiritual guide as well; Buffy always helped me before, why not now? At any rate, I just wanted to share.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 11:44 AM  
3 commentst:
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    HDD--I believe they mentioned tha tao of Pooh in this book. I'm certainly going try and immerse myself in it and forget the real world for a minute.

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Sounds like a good read to me. I'm rooting for you!

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger Stephalupogus said…

    Good luck in your job search. It hasn't been that long since I was in the unemployment line myself. Enjoy your free time and DON'T WORRY! It always works out.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1