Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Good eat, Bad fortune

I went to a very nice Chinese restaurant a couple nights ago. Roomy, comfortable, good food and good service. At the end they always bring us those Almond cookies that I never liked and fortune cookies. I love fortune cookies, and always try to get everyone elses fortune cookie -- not so much for the fortune, but for the cookie.

Well, I get mine, eat it and then I read my fortune. Ahem, here is what it read:

The smart thing to do is not be your self.

Oooookay. Apparently that self isn't working so good. Did I read this wrong? Am I missing something with 'your self'? Even worse, my new job? Don't really like it. As a matter of fact, I'm back in the job search. Pathetic much? I think it was because I'd been looking for so long I was ready to take anything -- and I did. Mistake #1, even as happy as I was, still a mistake.

I know, it hasn't even been a week, but it only takes a few days to know, you know?

Well, like my mom says 'all you can do is what you can do until you can do something else.'
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 8:55 PM  
2 commentst:
  • At 6:31 AM, Blogger exMI said…

    Alway remember to add the phrase "...in bed." to the end of your fortunr. It adds a whole new level of meaning.....

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger The Hatleyman said…

    Or, try adding:

    while dining with Satan.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1