Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Tuesday, August 09, 2005
"The Sims 2" and our love/hate relationship


I love The Sims, and I also shop a lot on Amazon.com, but that's besides the point. I use a mac, and as other mac users know, there are about, ohhhh, 8 games out there made to play on a mac.

So, needless to say I was overjoyed when The Sims 2 finally showed up on the mac. Whoo hoo! Until, I saw the requirements. 1.2GHz? Mac OS X 10.3.8? 3GB of free space?

Not to mention that pretty much all the reviews I read bashed it for the crashes. Even worse, one reviewer said there was a cap on the downloads. Now, I don't know about the average, or the next Sim player, but I can't play without downloads. Have you seen the crap that comes with the games? Please. If I can't mod the sims, gameplay can be a snooze fest.

It's already bad that the Sims 1 on my computer takes 30 minutes to load because of downloads. And it dumps me back to the desktop and reloads in the middle of the game numerous times because of the thousands of downloads, but I gotta have 'em.

I'm sorely dissapointed in Aspyr Media for not fixing these crashes and giving Mac users the same thing they give to their PC users. They don't have a download cap, why should we get one?

I was all ready to buy this until a reviewer said not to bother and wait until they fix the bugs and re-release it. True, I don't need the Sims, but I wanted it.

I guess I'll go back to The Sims 1.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 10:45 PM  
1 commentst:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1