Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Sunday, August 14, 2005
My own life ennui
In an attempt to take my mind off my upcoming job interview, I decided to do a condensed (and slightly changed) version of an 'about me' list that I discovered on ennuiherself. I liked the list, and with my geeky self, I thought of Joey on Dawson's Creek when she asked Pacey "What's with the life ennui?" when he was sort of sulking and self-debating. At any rate, here's my version:

What I was doing five years ago?
2000 (in my twenties): In school, wondering what the hell I was going to do once I graduated. Drifting, trying to write, write, write. Wishing I could do it all over.


What I was doing one year ago?
2004 (still twenty something): Beginning my novel, thinking about getting a masters in creative writing. Joined a writing group and listened to horror stories about query letters and rejection letters.


5 snacks I enjoy:
Doritoes

Double Stuff Oreos

Krunchers

Popcorn

Fruit


5 books I want to read:
"The Da Vinci Code" (Dan Brown)

"Moby Dick" (Herman Melville)

"Velocity" (Dean Koontz)

"Memoirs of a Geisha" (Arthur Golden)

"How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire" (Kerrelyn Sparks)


5 things I'd do with a $100 million dollars:
Pay off my debts, my mom's debts, my sisters debts

Buy a house

Buy a car

Donate to many animal charities/start caravan to pick up hurt/homeless stray animals

Buy mom a nice apartment downtown


5 locations I'd run away to:
Paris

London

Italy

Japan

Ireland


5 bad habits I have:
Nail biting

Watching too much tv

Overeating

Wasting money

Lazy


5 DVD box sets I love:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Angel

Lord of the Rings Trilogy

La Femme Nikita

Sliders


5 TV shows I love:
Family Guy

Smallville

The Simpsons

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Scrubs


5 favorite Anime:
Gungrave

Berserk

Hellsing

Princess Mononoke

Paranoia Agent


5 biggest joys of the moment:
Blogging

Podcasts

Working on my revised novel

Hopefully being employed

My fax machine


5 ways I waste time:
Ebay

Amazon.com

G4tv Game Television

Playstation 2

VH1



Feel free to share on your own blog. Just tell 'em gunngirl tapped you.




Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 10:10 PM  
8 commentst:
  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger LovelyBucket said…

    I feel you on the Oreos, I'm trying to cut back myself. I'm on a watermelon kick as of right now.

    I have wanted to go to Japan my whole life. I even took Japanese when I was in high school.

    Sometimes I feel like I am the queen of laziness. I think I just want to do so many things at once, that I just give up and lay there. Ha ha.

    I love CSI. I saw the character that plays Warrick this past Wednesday at a concert. He looks the same in person. The show Lost is also one of my favs.

    Do you have a thing for vampires? I noticed that you like Hellsing, BtVS, and that book about marrying one. I can't say I blame you.

    Sorry this was so long. =0/

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    Yep, big thing for vampires. It all started with Buffy the Vampire, where it grew into an obsession, then a way of life, practically. It consumed me.

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Jess said…

    i love csi, last week i went to a concert and the guy who plays warrick brown was there. wow he's super hot in person.

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger Steph said…

    hey thanks for stopping by my bliggity blog! hope you have a great week!

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Just Me said…

    Good luck with the interviews, loved the blog!

     
  • At 6:02 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    Consider yourself tagged: The 10 turn ons/10 turn offs list. : )

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger exMI said…

    Hate to say tis but skip Moby Dick. It is a great story but a lousy book. Or alternativly, read it as it was written, as a seriel, one chapter a week. then maybe it won't be so disjointed. sigh.

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger EnnuiHerself said…

    Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog and keeping the list going!

    I highly recommend Memoirs of a Geisha. I considered that as a potential career for several weeks after reading. (J/K) :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1