Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Sunday, August 07, 2005
Sometimes I wish I had a cell phone
I went out yesterday and didn't end up where I thought I would. So, I decided to call up my sister and see if she wanted to meet somewhere, since it was still early.

Well, la dee da, you would think that wouldn't be hard right? Anyway, I look around for a pay phone.

None.

I keep looking, and after ten minutes, I just decided to go into Target since it was close by.

There is this woman raggling on and on about getting her phone turned on. I mean, she sounds so pathetic, and I guess she would, with no phone, but she's going on and on "I'm trying to see about getting my phone cut back on?"

I sit down to wait, and she repeates her phone number, her name, her address and spells them for added measure.

Then she waits, listening to the other person, and soon she's asking the same bloody question, "I'm trying to see about getting my phone turned back on?" Then again with the phone question and spelling of the address and name and number.

Seriously, who was customer service? Goats on hash? She goes on and on, until I decide to go back out and into two nearby stores to look for a phone, with no luck. I didn't want to go far since I was going to ask my sis to meet me in that area.

But damn! I wanted to grab the receiver and bang her over the head with it. I seriously wanted to go Phone Booth on her.

Seriously.

The kicker? She FINALLY gets off the phone and I get on and IT DOESN'T WORK! WTF?

I stood there for thirty seconds of my quarters falling down into the little change retriever.

Who was she talking too? Did she have a calling card? I didn't see it. What the hell?
That moment made me wish I'd a cell phone. Would have saved me a real big headache.

Oh, and I never did get to call my sister.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 8:50 PM  
1 commentst:
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger Jess said…

    i love my cell phone. you should really get one. it never leaves my side. i even sleep with it next to my head....I'm kinda obessed with it.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1