Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Hey, hey, today is your birthday!


It's my birthday today (gulp), on this wintery cold December 19th day. I have to admit, now that I'm getting older (or old?) I actually am not that much into my birthday like I was when I was a young 'un of, oh, say 29. Heh. As a thirtysomething I have accomplished nothing that I thought I would when I was in my teens and thinking years ahead to this time. I figured I'd be married, hell, at least with a very good job. Maybe even that Master of Fine Arts that I thought about years ago.

I think that's why I don't make a big deal. I'm in the same place I was a few years ago and making a big deal just doesn't seem fun. I guess I see a birthday as another year gone by, what-have-you-done-with-that-year sort of deal. And when I have really nothing grand to show for it I don't want to call attention to it. It's like, you're how old and your're still doing what?



At any rate, I still actually like presents (who doesn't!) and doing one or two things I like like hanging out, going to a movie, sleeping, shopping/window shopping or just sitting at home watching TV. I may not be having a party here, but in blogland you're all invited to the hottest, thrashingist, killer party ever. So, maybe that will make (cringe) turning 33 a little better.

(Waits for it.)

Nope, it still sucks onions.

Anyway, I'm taking the day off tommorrow. That's right, I took my birthday off. Yea me!

I'll see you guys on the blogside. (man I'm corny. Probably why I'm not married. ha!) Anyway, I will check you guys out later. It's after 10pm and I'm pretty grumpy I forgot to watch Law and Order: Special Victims Unit. Grrrrrr!


By and have a Wonderful Wednesday!

Labels:

Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 10:00 AM  
6 commentst:
  • At 10:39 PM, Blogger Phats said…

    Hey HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :) Does it suck having a birthday so close to Christmas? I would get you the complete set of Buffy DVD's or an autographed picture of Oh No. Did you watch Dancing with the stars? I was so glad helio won, i think because I have a crush on Julieanne! :)

    Have a great Birthday

     
  • At 3:25 AM, Blogger The Ferryman said…

    Yay! Happy Birthday! I hope you have a kick ass day!

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Kingcover said…

    Happy 33rd b'day!!! I'm less than a year behind you. Yikes! At least we are both December babies so there's company in numbers lol.
    Just suck it up and get on with things because you're a long time dead. Pushing up daisies isn't much fun I would imagine so hopefully we wont be falling into any 'holes' any time soon. HA!
    I loveeeee candy canes. Can I take one please???

    p.s. don't take a step backwards otherwise you'll knock your cake ov..... oh crumbs too late. Good luck with cleaning that mess out of the carpet :-P

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Kingcover said…

    There once was a girl living in Chicago
    Who wanted to learn how to tango
    She attended the classes dressed as a mango
    And now she's real good at the fandango.


    :-D

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    Phats--actually, not really. My family never pulled the Christmas/Birthday gift thing, and that's the most important. LOL! And thanks for the thought of Buffy DVD's! *big hug*

    Mr.Fab, EH and Glitter--Thanks for the birthday wishes, you're great.

    Kingcover--LOL at the limerick. I love it, and wow, I know the fandango now. I want the first dance with you at my party. And you're right, I'm not dead yet dammit! So, let's PAAAAARTAAAAAAAAY!!

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Kingcover said…

    Sure I'll help you with your first dance at the party :-)

    I see that on your Scooby Gang list Shannon (Cinderella) and I are on the same line. Does that mean that you can't decide which one of us should be on top or the bottom??? Teehee.
    Shanders has gone from blogland so I guess I can be top AND bottom. Yayyy, go me!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1