Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Thursday, February 16, 2006
The Year 3000
If I had a time capsule and invited you all to pop something in, what you put in? I just had a thought while riding the train yesterday about it, and maybe I thought about what a technological age we're in. Actually, this woman had on one of those wireless earpieces for her cell phone. It looked liked something out of Blade Runner and it was blinking a blue light like Total Recall or the Matrix or something. If I were from another planet I'd wonder if she were human or was that her life bar or something.

Anyway, Time Capsules are normally supposed to hold something that you'd like the future inhabitants, far in the furture I suppose, to know about us in the 21st century. To be honest, I wonder how much more inventive we'll get in the year 3000. Though, people in the 1600's would be amazed and probably a little afraid by laptops, camera phones and hell, even cars and TV.

So, I'd like to include all of you in my Time Capsule burial and invite everyone to toss in 6 things of their liking, barring humans and animals. No ladies, we can't preserve Brad Pitt or Paul Walker. Oh, is that just me? I'm sorry. Ahem. But if you wanna put in your favorite slice of Eli's cheesecake, or jog strollers, strappy wedges, clock radios, paperclips, a flashlight? food? Pictures? I don't care. Take your pick.

So, here are the 6 things I'm adding (and while somethings are in groups I counting it as one item, because I gotta it like that) :

1. A copy of Resident Evil 4 (which I finished by the way. Congratulations to me!) for Playstation 2 and the console to play it on. (I saw that eyeroll!) Also copies of the Grand Theft Auto series starting with the Third one.

2. A PSP

3. Complete Series of BtVS on DVD

4. Complete Series of Angel on DVD

5. A mac computer

6. The entire menu of Grand Chinese Kitchen, the best Chinese food I've ever had. Yummy, yummy cocoa bunny! I'm getting hungry.


In other news, my lover Apollo Anton Ohno totally rocked in the Mens 5000 short track relay. That kid can speedskate his ass off! I love watching him. Seriously, if I were a ten year-old watching the olympics I'd be like 'I wanna take up speedskating.'

Anyway, they qualified for the finals, and I'm happy. Last night I watched the most olympics so far, about 5 hours or more waiting for Speedskating. I've seen enough skiing to last me until the next winter olympics.


Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 3:13 PM  
5 commentst:
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    What we can't do Paul Walker???!! ;)

    I would put it in:

    1-My favorite pink journal with hearts, and gel pens. Ya know to show that in 2006 people actually still hand wrote stuff down.

    2-My keychain. To show that we still used keys in 06 to unlock doors and start a car. Cause by 3000 I am sure all we would have to do is push a button or put our hand up to a screen to scan it and everything opens up.

    3-1 penny, 1 nickle, 1 dime, 1 quarter, and etc.. for the rest of money. One of each to show what money used to look like.

    4-A bottle of Dr. Pepper. A glass one. To make people figure out how we opened it.

    5-My sunglasses. To show what was the latest style of them in 2006.

    6-My MP3 player. With my Cold Play disc in it. To show who I was listening to.

    This was a cool post GG!! Thanks for the Olympic update.

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    Thanks Beadinggal! Good one with the keys. I bet it would be all hand waving by then. Oh, and the MP3 and Coldplay is a really good one.

    I'd like to include other olympic sports updates, but I'm all about Apollo! LOL. Though I did miss a lot of figure skating. Shoot.

     
  • At 5:11 AM, Blogger Bat said…

    1. Atari 2600 with pacman and ms pacman

    2. All of my INXS cd's

    3. XM Satellite Radio

    4. My Nintendo with powerpad

    lol

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger exMI said…

    Hmmmm
    1. A DNA sample so they could clone me. (or atleast study the changes)

    2. A copy of my journal from my deployment to Iraq and Afghanistan.

    3. A photo of my land with it's lat and long so again there could be a then and now look.

    4. Recipe for Cima and Kabuli Pilau.

    Don't know what else.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    Hey GG!!
    Happy Happy Friday!!

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1