Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Thursday, February 02, 2006
Wake Me When the Semester Ends
This being my last semester and all, I was hoping to sort of 'coast' through some classes until the end. Not so, especially since I decided to switch over to Health Sciences and am taking all health courses. Except for one because I had to pick up a class because another class was cancelled and I had to find something.

So, I picked "Sociology of Pop Culture" Doesn't sound so bad, right? Weeeeell, we had to get into groups of 3 and pick some sort of cultural object, (film, book, object, etc) and discuss it "sociologically"

My group not only cannot agree on a topic, but I'm having a hard time even getting in contact with them via phone or email.

We were going to do it on Gay images on TV (I came up with that) I found two (2!) books in the library on the subject, and the older girl in my group goes "Who's supposed to read all that?"

Um, NO ON IS GOING TO READ THE DAMN BOOK FROM COVER TO COVER! We just want something the most infor where we can pick out what we need to use. *eye roll*

So, then she wants to do Plastic Surgery and either women who think they need plastic surgery, or I tried to narrow it down to celebrites and plastic surgery or women and girls who get plastic surgery because of pressure from society and media to look a certain way.

I began that research on the internet and found nothing substantial, which is surprising but it's the truth. All I kept coming up with were links to plastic surger clinics/doctors.

So, then neither of the two people come to class the next day (!) so I find out from my teacher that the presentation has to be at least 30 minutes. Okay, so now we need 30 minutes worth of info.

So I began a search on my own and came up with several articles on Smoking in Movies and how it influences teens to smoke. I suggested this SEVERAL times to the lady via email. No response.

So, I just know when I get to class tommorow she's going to be all "I don't want to do that, and we should pick the plastic surgery and we need to do something else."

Seriously? I'm going to hang myself in my basement. I have too many papers and tests in other classes to research hours on the internet for this one presentation. I am officially sick of this group and project.

Even worse, I was going to do a presentation on Yoga for my Alt. Health Class. Five other people picked Yoga, so now I have to pick something else--after I lugged home two big Yoga books from the library. Um, can you see why the razor is sliding over to my wrists?

I don't know what is going to happen with this group project. I'm not trying to force my idea on the group, but I want something we can get a fair amount of info on and I don't want to get stuck with a topic that we can't find anything on. PLUS, we need visuals. VISUALS! Yes, a poster board of pics count. But my teachers mentions Powerpoint and DVDs or Video's.

Did I mention I also need visuals for my Alt. Health Class presentation too? And since I use a Mac and the school is pretty much all Windows I can't even do it on my home computer so I'd have to sit at school 49 hours and do it there if I do a Powerpoint presentation. I'm still deciding on that. If I do, it will be short. Powerpoint presentations take up a lot of time.

Razor? Meet wrists.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 5:30 PM  
3 commentst:
  • At 6:02 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Knock them biatches in the head tell them to pick a topic and pull their weight with the project!! To harsh??!!
    Hang in the sweetie!
    huggiezz :)

     
  • At 5:03 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Hi GG!!! Thinking about you!! huggiez

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    *waves* Hi GG!! take care sweetie!! :)

    I like the *waves* thingee. You made me smile yesterday.

    *waves* heehee

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1