Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Friday, February 10, 2006
Waiting for school to end
The title of this post is really all I'm doing at this point. In one of my health classes we had a Nurse come speak and she really, really rang the bell for Nursing. If I were 19 years old and looking for a career choice, she'd have me. Not only do Nurses get PAID but you can almost write your own ticket. They need and want them.

But I woke up and realized not only am I too old, but I know I'm not dedicated enough at this point to turn around and do 4 more years of school for nursing. Good career, but it's just too late for me. I actually would have done it had someone pointed me in that direction 10 years ago.

I think we're going to do the Smoking in Movies influence kids to Smoke topic for my other class. Nothing is certain, but I think that's where we're heading.

I'm thinking of volunteering at a hospital only because a friend reccomended me and I called the lady and we talked. I would like to volunteer in the office. It's really the experience of working in a medical office I'm after. I also signed up to be certified in CPR.

I'm just ready to get out of school so I can stop with these part-time jobs and trying to fit something around classes. I'd like to get a Master of Fine Arts degree in Creative Writing. But I'll see how that goes. One degree at a time I guess.

I miss my blogger friends. You know who you are. Thanks to those who stop by and give me cheerful 'hope you're doing okay's' (looks at Shannon and Beadinggal). I have missed quite a few of your posts but I try and stop by when I can. I'm thinking of you guys! And that means all my bestest blogs.

Well, Now I'd like to close this post with this:

THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 6:50 PM  
2 commentst:
  • At 6:37 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    *Waves* Hi GG!! One degree at a time, One step at a time. You can do it!! Good luck with all your classes and squeeze some ME time in there too! :)
    Have a great weekend!!

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    Hi GG! You never to old to follow your dreams. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1