Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Sunday, February 12, 2006
USA! USA! USA!

I watched the Opening Ceremonies in Turin, Italy (ohhh, Italy!) last night despite my headache and despite the fact that I planned on turning off the TV after the US team marched in. I enjoyed it, and am looking forward to my favorite sports. I really don't have that many for the winter olympics, though there have been some new ones added. (Curling? Could have done without it. Snowboarding? Yes!)

I can't keep up with all the different types of skiing. Nordic Combined? Freestyle skiing? What the hell are those? Anyway, I'm looking forward to:

Speed Skating (womens, mens and short track)
Figure Skating (all of it)
Snowboarding
Luge



I can even watch a little Ski Jumping, but for the most part those events are what I'm signing on for.

Ohhh, I got questions for ya! Let me know what sport you like to watch (if you watch) the olympics and if you like the winter olympics or summer olympics better. There's more in the summer olympics I like, so on that alone I'm going with summer olympics.

Also, if you were to compete what would be your sport of choice? I'm having a tough time picking between gymnastics, figure skating and speed skating. (I almost typed figure staking ROTFLMAO! Maybe I watch too much Buffy, wow, wouldn't that be an event to see.

Take care troops!
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 4:44 PM  
2 commentst:
  • At 2:22 AM, Blogger MC said…

    I like anything that involves throwing yourself onto/into a sled-type object and hurtling down an icy track at breakneck speeds. I have always liked figure skating as well, but I am not as excited about it this year. Michelle Kwan has kind of ruined it for me with the whole "put me on the team; oh, never mind, I am withdrawing thing." However, I am pulling for Emily Hughes in a MAJOR way!

    And I would want to be a gymnast...hands down.

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    I usually watch the winter ones. I luv watching figure skating!! I hope I don't miss it. I need to find out when it is on. If I could skate and could compete it would be figuring skating sooo since I can't skate I enjoy watching it. Hated to hear Michele Kwan dropped out.

    I know it sounds bad but I kinda wanted to see a downhill skier wipe out.

    How is your headache? All gone??

    oh yeah snowboarding is kick ass to watch!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1