Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
sing, sing out loud...and promotion


American Idol starts tonight. Am I going to watch? Of course. Mainly because I like the auditions and only the auditions. I come back to the show about a couple of weeks before it's over because I think it drags on too long, gets phony and boring. Plus, it's taking up Prison Break time. Not good.

The best wannabe's are the ones who think they can sing but really can't. You've seen them. They look completely stricken and angry when the panel passes, or says they just 'don't have it'. They're totally shocked as they spit and curse in the camera outside the room, they declare that Simon will be sorry when they've finally 'arrived.' Ha! Not to laugh at people's dreams, I want to be a writer and I would be just as devastated if a panel of Stephen King, John Grishom and Terry McMillian laughed in my face as they burned my manuscript in a garbage can.

Still, I think you basically know if you have talent. Right? Some people have talent, some people have lots of talent, some people have hidden talent and some have none. I guess it's even worse when all you want to do is sing but you sound like a dying goat. When someone tells you to find another passion and pursue it, it's hard for some people to handle it.

Oh well. I guess those poor souls will figure it out eventually. Meanwhile, I'll get back to my writing. More on that later.

P.S. My sister has a webpage for her podcast and while she doesn't know I'm scavanging for her, she'd like a mark on her 'frapper map' which is basically just an arrow that states where a visitor is from. But it also says someone stopped by.

If you could be so kind as to follow this link and then click "Map Me" you should show up on the map at the state you live in. Thanks!
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 6:30 PM  
2 commentst:
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    I shot the sherrif but I didn't shot the deputy! LOL

    Goin to check out the map thingee. :)

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    Oh well guys, if you can't get it to work that's okay. I'm not exactly sure what you had to do other than just click Map Me, though. It would have been nice to get other people on the map.

    The I shot the sherrif guy was appalling, and so was that blonde girl that brought in her weird skanky like mother. (???) LOL

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1