Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Tuesday, July 19, 2005
Blog of the jobless
Haven't posted in a few days, that's because any happy fun time I wanted to put into this blog lately to make it more interesting has been sucked out by my search for a job. The phrase of the day children is JOB HUNTING SUCKS!

I have an interview to volunteer, yes, that's right, volunteer at a hospital tommorow. Why volunteer you ask? Well, a really good friend reccomend I do it, (and I'm really not doing anything else anyway) and I sort of thought it might be useful because then I can use them as references and I can get some more experience that I can put on my resume. I have to volunteer for four hours a week, so I'm thinking 2 hours a day.

I've been faxing and emailing my ass off to jobs. I watched Morgan Spurlock's 30 days last night on F/X and it was pretty entertaining, and no you CANNOT live on mininum wage. Glad he reminded us. I really don't want to go back to Burger King. SOMEONE HIRE ME! (end rant)

Here's a little more on the special at Meat-eating leftist .

Next up, links to my favorite blogs. Stay tuned...
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 3:00 PM  
4 commentst:
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Alexa Grave said…

    Okay, Dedra - I added your blog to my list of links. Now it's your turn to put a link to my blog on your blog. How many times can I use the word blog in this post? Argh.

    Btw, don't get all bent out of shape about the publishers - you won't know what would happen unless you start submitting stuff (and getting it critiqued over and over again by a crit group). It's that phrase: "You'll never know unless you try." With writing though you need to add, "and try and try and try and try..."

    As for job hunting, good luck. I'm trying to find myself a part-time one right now, and as you know, the job market in this state sucks. :p

     
  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Alexa Grave said…

    Addendum: I think you were updating your blog as I was posting the last comment, I now see the link. :)

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    Oh yeah, job hunting does stink. I kknow that all too well.

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger Stephalupogus said…

    Job hunting goes so far past sucking I can't even begin to cover it. I am in a similar boat to yours and I'm at the point where I would take a job at Burger King, if they would just friggin' hire me.
    And if you want a list of places that will publish you writing as an ebook, let me know. I am working towards getting a manuscript together (probably be next year the way my life is going now) but the 3 sites I sent emails to were all incredibly encouraging and friendly. It made a nice change after numerous "thank you, but we hired someone who best fit our needs" letters.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1