Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
You will be missed Michael

I can't tell you the grief I'm feeling for Michael Jackson. It feels surreal, I felt like he couldn't die. hehe, because he was MICHAEL JACKSON! You know what I mean? I first heard a work and went straight to the internet. And about an hour later I found it was official. It made my stomach hurt, I felt funny. Hearing that news fucked the rest of my day.

Farah Fawcett, Ed McMahon and, even worse, the 2 year-old that was kidnapped here a few days ago was found dead. It is a horrible last couple of days, actually I think 24 hours in death and I can't take anymore. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Michael Jackson. I regret never seeing him perform live, I think I would have fainted anyway, but at a couple of concerts I realize I don't do well in crowds of people pushing and shoving so it's just as well. Still, I grew up with him, watching him, singing his songs, wearing his buttons, buying his merchandise. I mean he was an international icon. Kids didn't know who the president was but they knew Michael Jackson.

What upsets me is the asshole haters online who disrespect his death and his life. I don't want to be racist or prejudiced but I have come across only white people who seem to wonder why this is even news. I'm not saying all white people, because people of many races and cultures were fans, but the shit heads I encountered were jackasses. And of course people online were still making jokes and such. And I think when the child sex allegations came it got worse, and for those who didn't like him it gave them just cause to openly hate him. Michael Jackson is not a child molester. Okay, I believe he was in the bed with kids, playing with them, rolling around with them. But he's a kid, he never had a childhood! And I know the parents of those kids told them to a find way to put that out there.

I was sad for Michael because he didn't much of a life. I cared about him, personally I cared about him because he really didn't have much in the way of support from anyone, from family, friends, lawyers, etc. Everyone just wanted money, money, money.

He grew up in the spotlight, he had men, women and children fainting at one hand gesture. He just did not get a life, and he wasn't just a celebrity, he was a SUPER celebrity, and I think his childhood combined with other personal issues did not help him as an adult. And it made people believe what they wanted to believe but I think if you looked at the obvious you would know better.

I am glad to have come up and been in an era that included him because I know 2 or 3 generations later there will never be another Michael Jackson, like I don't see us getting another Michael Jordon either. But good that generations can see videos and see what was, like many people can see videos of The Beetles and Elvis.

I'll miss you Michael.

Labels:

Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 8:00 PM  
3 commentst:
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Kingcover said…

    The two of us are of an era where we didn't grow up during Elvis's reign of the rock and roll times but I guess the love and grief that he got was comparable to that of M.J.'s life and death except for one major difference - media outlets are so much different now ... television, internet and more and more radio stations are around nowadays to record the life and passing on of famous influential people such as M.J. so therefor famous people these days will be 'built up' more and more. Hyped is maybe a better way of saying. Hopefully that all made sense?

    I very much respect your love and opinions about Mr Jackson but I really didn't like it when the media concentrated completely on the passing of him at the expense of another really terrific person in the lovely human that was Farrah Fawcett. I fear that she will be completely forgotten about now and will only be a footnote of the events that happened during 25th June 2009. No one life should be 'worth' more than another in my opinion :-)

    How are you buddy?

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    King--I completely agree with you on everything. First, I know what you mean about Elvis' day and M.J's. I think, besides his changing face and plastic surgery, when the molestation charges hit I do really believe that was a downhill slide that never stopped. Yes, his concerts still sold out and I still loved him and his music, but I think a lot of the public didn't forget that.

    As for Farrah me and my friend talked about that, it was a little funny too. We were talking about M.J. and she said meanwhile Farrah was...and she made a sweeping gesture under the rug.

    And it was true! I said that too, that she got shoved to the back burner. I did see spotlights on her and I'm glad for that. There were specials on her too, and while I wasn't a big fan of Charlie's Angel's I did like her--and who can forget that poster! heheh. And not that Farrah wasn't great in her own right, but M.J. was out of the blue. She had been sick and there was a little notice, if you know what I mean. He was just--boom! and then it was M.J. Michael! and we still don't know the real reason. And Michael was just too global not to notice.

    Anyway, nice to hear from ya King!

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Kingcover said…

    Yeah I'll never forget about Farrah's poster. Got me through a few 'ups' and 'downs' LMAO! ;-)

    p.s. check your email in a little while - I'll be sending you something ... (no not THAT!) Lol!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1