Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Sunday, October 30, 2005
Boo!

Ahhh, Halloween. The time to celebrate...masqaruading as dark spirits so that the real ones don't get us. At any rate, it also celebrates the most important thing...FREE CANDY! That is for most of you, I don't especially like candy that much, but for those of you who do, go crazy!

I am more into scary movies and basically creeping myself out to the point that I have nightmares and can't sleep. Ahh, good times. So, in honor of All Hallows Eve, here are my top ten horror movies that still scare the hell out of me. Enjoy.



10. The Exorcist - Getting rid of the Devil is a lot harder than you might think. The uncut version of this movie is even scarier than the orginal. People actually fainted in the aisles when this was first shown in theaters. After seeing the 'spider walk' I would have been right there with them.


9. Jeepers Creepers - The Creeper was never Creepier than in this first installment of Jeepers Creepers who 'gets to eat every 23 days every 23 years' Several scenes still give me goosebumps. I'm not big on the torture. I see your Yeecach! and raise you a Gehayahhh!

8. The Ring - I really wouldn't want to invite Samara to my sleep over, but she might be fun at Halloween parties -- but she might kill all the guests in the meantime. Her coming out of the well and through the TV was too freaky. I actually hid behind my pillow on first viewing.


7. The Shining - I just looked at this last night. Still. Creepy. As. Hell. Bloody hallways, creepy twins, manuscripts with only one phrase and ghosts from the 1920's. Even better, I would have never thought of Redrum. That's Stephen King for you.

6. Creepshow - More Stephen King. You can't have halloween without him. These shorts still stand the test of time. Don't believe me? Check out the best ones, The Crate and Fathers Day, though they're all great. Afterall, that's why god made fathers babe. That's why god made fathers.



5. Hellraiser - Pinhead always had something to say, and it was usually before he tortured you to death. The chains still give me the wiggins and I LOVE Pinhead's puns and his love of pain and the pleasures of the flesh. Check this movie out or he'll tear your soul apart!

4. Hellraiser: Hell on Earth - Yet more pinhead, but there's also an awesome club massacre scene that's even better if you see the uncut version. Pinhead is even creepier here with even cooler cenobites. One of the better horror sequels. Very cool and very scary.

3. The Omen - Yet more work of the devil. This time, I did it all for you Damien! Nothing beats a hanging at a childs birthday party. Kids are creepy in the first place, but when they rarely talk, freak out at the sight of a church and use their tricycle as a weapon, well, there's time to take pause -- or run like hell.

2. The Thing (John Carpenter) - Aside from hot Kurt Russell, this movie holds up for its creep factor of isolation, trust and fear. What do you get when you put a small group of men out in the middle of the frozen wasteland of Antarctica, mix in an alien spaceship holding a creature that can alter its own cell structure and look like your best friend, cool huskies who like to stare, the idea that you can't trust anyone but yourself and an ever increasing death toll? One of the best horror movies of all time.

1. Return of the Living Dead - This makes number one simply because there are scenes that I still can't get over. Campy and made on the cheap, this movie still manages to make me peek out from under my covers. There's something about the zombies, something about the notion of having to hole up in an unknown place and wait for death, and simply being scared out of your gourd but having to fight back anyway. Loved it.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 5:50 PM  
1 commentst:
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    Undr - I still hate the word verification! I'm holding out as long as I can. ARRRGH!
    Also, we have some SERIOUS scary movie watching to do. You sit right there mister and don't move. Seriously, you MUST see Return of the Living Dead, Hellraiser (1-3) and Creepshow. You can't go wrong with Stephen King.

    I insist you watch The Thing. You'll love it forever. Get Going!

    HDD- I'm easily scared too, but I love to be scared. Senseless, I know, but I can't get enough of scary movies.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1